Oracle 2E Detector Loop Module
An essential complement to traffic control modules, the Oracle 2E detector tracks vehicle detection magnetic loops. It simultaneously monitors two channels to which a maximum of eight loops can be serially connected.
Front-mounted two-way trip switches (two per channel) are used to program the module. A QuikSet mode enables the user to quickly browse through the most commonly used menu options.
The Oracle 2E module counts the number of vehicles (vehicles passing through the loop) per channel and detects vehicles travelling in the opposite direction (e.g., at a highway entrance) and turning left when there are risks of conflict with other traffic in the intersection.
Its front-mounted LCD display provides two types of information: the system’s equivalent inductance (between 20 and 2500 µH) as well as the inductance’s variation percentage, frequency and stability.
However, the monitor does not only serve to detect the presence of vehicles accurately and reliably. Il also uses a full built-in loop analyzer to optimize the loop’s configuration and monitor its status.
To this effect, it displays a graph measuring the optimal sensitivity based on inductance variations caused by vehicles passing through the loop. Data can be displayed in real time or over a given period.
Finally, it provides three types of alarms indicated by flashing sequences of high-intensity, front-mounted LEDs in red (DETECT) or yellow (FAULT) and the type of failure is displayed on the screen:
- Open circuit
- Short circuit
- Sudden variation in inductance over 25% of nominal inductance
- Sensitivity: 20 selectable levels per channel
- Frequency: 8 possible values between 20 and 60 kHz normally to prevent interference between adjacent loops (min. deviation of 5 kHz recommended)
- Temperature compensation
- Log of the last 25 loop and power supply failures
- Backlit LCD display with built-in heating for low temperature applications
- Supply voltage: 10.8 to 28.8 VDC
- Supply current: 100 mA max.
- Heater current (display): 250 mA max.
- Current draw:
- 60 mA max. (44 mA Typ) at 24 VDC
- 105 mA max. (78 mA Typ) at 12 VDC
- Operating temperature range (monitor): -34 to +74°C (-30 to +165°F)
- Operating temperature range (display): -20 to +74°C (-4 to +165°F)
- Operating relative humidity range: 0 to 95%
- Dimensions: 114 mm (high) x 29 mm (wide) x 175 mm (deep) (4.5″ x 1.14″ x 6.875″)
Get information on our latest innovations, coming events and industry news