Lane Control Sign
Orange Traffic’s lane control signals are designed to enable the real-time management of road and bridge lanes. They serve to optimize the use of existing lanes and improve traffic fluidity in road congestion zones by providing road users with clear indications.
Each lane control signal model was designed to ensure the best visual appearance on the market. Orange Traffic uses high-quality LEDs designed for road applications as well as its exclusive constant current modular power supply system. Brightness is controlled by current intensity rather than pulsed signals. Consequently, the messages are stable and provide maximum visibility in all lighting conditions.
Orange Traffic’s lane control signals also enable energy cost savings because they consume up to 90% less electricity than conventional fiber optic panels. All components are designed and manufactured to reduce operating costs by facilitating maintenance and upgrading. For example, the LED panels’ front assemblies can be replaced in minutes using a regular screwdriver and power supplies are modular. Power supplies can be installed on each panel or consolidated in a more accessible area in order to minimize lane closures during maintenance operations.
Because of their modular design, Orange Traffic’s LED panels are easily adaptable to your needs. Orange Traffic offers a full array of predesigned panels and it is possible to combine several messages on a single panel. Orange Traffic can also custom design specific or oversized panels. Feel free to inform us about your particular needs.
Flexible dimming modes to meet the needs of various types of installations.
- 50% instantaneous or timed fixed dimming, external photoelectric cell
- Gradual dimming (1,000 increments), external photoelectric cell
- Gradual dimming (1,000 increments), photoelectric cell built into the front panel
- Gradual dimming (1,000 increments) of a set of panels from a master panel, internal or external photoelectric cell
- Permanent fixed dimming (50%)
- 300 mm (12 in.) visor for improved visibility and contrast in direct sunlight
Display and flashing modes
Display and flashing modes include a constantly lit mode as well as several flashing modes:
- Flashing every 250 ms
- Flashing every 500 ms
- Flashing every 1 s
- Wig-Wag flashing every 250 ms
- Wig-Wag flashing every 500 ms
- Wig-Wag flashing every 1 s
- NEMA 4 enclosure
- Compliance with ITE requirements applying to LED message panels
- Exterior dimensions:
- 710 x 710 mm (28 x 28 in.) for 600 mm (24 in.) messages
- 710 x 965 mm (28 x 38 in.) for 750 mm (30 in.) messages
- Depth: 400 mm (8 in.)
- Supply voltage: 90-135 VCA/60 Hz.
- Power: nominal 15 W; maximum 30 W
- Power factor: > 90%
- Compliance with operating temperature criteria of the NEMA TS 2 standard (-34 to +74°C [-30 to +165°F])
- Independently controlled and powered messages
- Dry contact for the confirmation or alarm of each message and for interlocking two contiguous messages without additional material
- Replacement of the front panel assembly and main components using simply a regular screwdriver, which facilitates upgrading and maintenance operations
- Fully compatible with:
- Standard traffic signal conflict monitors (NEMA and 170)
- Orange Traffic’s SPC-22 programmable countdown module, allowing for the panel’s autonomous operation according to determined schedules
- Earlier versions of Orange Traffic lane signals
- Separate power supply modules that are replaceable while powered
- Front lens measuring 4.76 mm (3/16 in.) in thickness with UV protection
Get information on our latest innovations, coming events and industry news