Flashing Light Control cabinet – School zones or reserved lanes
Orange Traffic designs flashing light control cabinets, for example for increased signalization in school zones or reserved lanes.
Orange Traffic’s flashing light control cabinets can be powered by the electrical grid or by a solar panel and battery assembly.
In cases where the light must flash continuously, the control uses a standard NEMA flashing light. If the flashing mode is scheduled, an SPC-22 programmable clock will be added to the unit.
Beyond optional power and programming devices, the unit contains an RS-232 serial communication module with output to control or modify the operating schedule on site. These operations can also be carried out remotely through a Wi-Fi module (optional).
The cabinet complies with the NEMA 3R standard and is pole mountable.
- Painted aluminium: 3.2 mm (1/8″) thick
- Grid powered: 356 mm (W) x 457 mm (H) x 203 mm (D) (14 x 18 x 8″)
- Solar powered: 406 mm (W) x 559 mm (H) x 254 mm (D) (16 x 22 x 10″)
Characteristics of the solar power supply
- Battery: capacity according to forecasted daily operating times
- Solar panel: high-quality panel made up of polycrystalline cells; size and power according to forecasted daily operating times
- Power supply voltage:
- Grid powered: 120 VAC
- Solar powered: 12 VDC
- Wi-Fi communications module to remotely modify the operating schedule
Get information on our latest innovations, coming events and industry news