Their mission is to make sure freight companies operate within the regulations of Nova Scotia. The inspection can either be random or based on the weight received on the scale. When the driver passes by the weight station, an LED sign, manufactured by Orange Traffic, indicates them if they have to stop by the weight […]Read more
Intersect™ Launch at ITS World Montreal !
Official Launch of Intersect™: A Revolutionary Platform Promoting the Transition to “Smart Cities”
Intersect™ is a technological map that’s user-friendly, integrated and highly compatible with current and future applications. It’s the missing link between the software and app developers and the traffic control cabinets located in cities.Intersect™ will make the transition to “smart cities” much easier by offering a more accessible and economical environment for technological deployment.
According to Patrick Lauzière, Orange Traffic’s Vice-president, Technology & Development, “Intersect™ is the smallest tool that’s ever been offered. It is installed directly in traffic control cabinets, without requiring any major modifications. Offering this many possibilities in 40 square inches, that’s a very big step for this industry.”
Some of Intersect™’s many benefits:
– Collects demographic data on road and infrastructure use
– Makes it possible to install city-wide functionalities in minutes without additional hardware
– Uses existing traffic control cabinets to create new functionalities
– Possibility of remotely installing and monitoring various smart city applications
– Decreases installation and maintenance costs
– More easily integrates multiple sensors (radars, loops, serial devices, etc.)
– Creates communication links between intersections to make arterial management simpler
– Is the smallest platform on the market for traffic control cabinets
– Includes its multiple functionalities in a compact size: 11/8 in. x 8 in x 4 1/2 in.
For additional information, please contact Patrick Lauzière.
Since the summer of 2019, Orange Traffic is proud to see the LED signs standardized by the MTQ (Transports Québec) in their Volume V. From then on, some dynamic signs have the same rights of use as static signs, while allowing a greater fluidity on the roads and by increasing the vigilance of the motorists […]Read more