Creating a roundabout in St-Lambert can increase fluidity in the area greatly. Orange Traffic and its partners developed an innovative solution to increase drivers awareness at the roundabout and pedestrians safety when crossing the street. Watch the short video to understand all the installations made and the benefits of this solution!Read more
Intersect™ Launch at ITS World Montreal !
Official Launch of Intersect™: A Revolutionary Platform Promoting the Transition to “Smart Cities”
Intersect™ is a technological map that’s user-friendly, integrated and highly compatible with current and future applications. It’s the missing link between the software and app developers and the traffic control cabinets located in cities.Intersect™ will make the transition to “smart cities” much easier by offering a more accessible and economical environment for technological deployment.
According to Patrick Lauzière, Orange Traffic’s Vice-president, Technology & Development, “Intersect™ is the smallest tool that’s ever been offered. It is installed directly in traffic control cabinets, without requiring any major modifications. Offering this many possibilities in 40 square inches, that’s a very big step for this industry.”
Some of Intersect™’s many benefits:
– Collects demographic data on road and infrastructure use
– Makes it possible to install city-wide functionalities in minutes without additional hardware
– Uses existing traffic control cabinets to create new functionalities
– Possibility of remotely installing and monitoring various smart city applications
– Decreases installation and maintenance costs
– More easily integrates multiple sensors (radars, loops, serial devices, etc.)
– Creates communication links between intersections to make arterial management simpler
– Is the smallest platform on the market for traffic control cabinets
– Includes its multiple functionalities in a compact size: 11/8 in. x 8 in x 4 1/2 in.
For additional information, please contact Patrick Lauzière.
This week, the first autonomous vehicle in Canada made its entry on public roads in the South Shore of Montreal, Quebec. This 100% electric and autonomous shuttle will be on a pilot period for 12 months allowing passengers onboard until the end of Fall. Due to Quebec’s harsh winter conditions, the shuttle will be passenger-less […]Read more