This week, the first autonomous vehicle in Canada made its entry on public roads in the South Shore of Montreal, Quebec. This 100% electric and autonomous shuttle will be on a pilot period for 12 months allowing passengers onboard until the end of Fall. Due to Quebec’s harsh winter conditions, the shuttle will be passenger-less […]Read more
Intersect™ Launch at ITS World Montreal !
Official Launch of Intersect™: A Revolutionary Platform Promoting the Transition to “Smart Cities”
Intersect™ is a technological map that’s user-friendly, integrated and highly compatible with current and future applications. It’s the missing link between the software and app developers and the traffic control cabinets located in cities.Intersect™ will make the transition to “smart cities” much easier by offering a more accessible and economical environment for technological deployment.
According to Patrick Lauzière, Orange Traffic’s Vice-president, Technology & Development, “Intersect™ is the smallest tool that’s ever been offered. It is installed directly in traffic control cabinets, without requiring any major modifications. Offering this many possibilities in 40 square inches, that’s a very big step for this industry.”
Some of Intersect™’s many benefits:
– Collects demographic data on road and infrastructure use
– Makes it possible to install city-wide functionalities in minutes without additional hardware
– Uses existing traffic control cabinets to create new functionalities
– Possibility of remotely installing and monitoring various smart city applications
– Decreases installation and maintenance costs
– More easily integrates multiple sensors (radars, loops, serial devices, etc.)
– Creates communication links between intersections to make arterial management simpler
– Is the smallest platform on the market for traffic control cabinets
– Includes its multiple functionalities in a compact size: 11/8 in. x 8 in x 4 1/2 in.
For additional information, please contact Patrick Lauzière.
It was in 1988 that Orange Traffic entered the directional signaling market; lane control, left or right turns, traffic lights for pedestrian crossing. The basic philosophy has always been to dedicate time, energy and funding to promote research and development. Innovation is essential to achieve this philosophy and it is defined as the action to […]Read more