Variable Speed Limit Sign
Displaying clear speed limits near school zones is crucial to ensure the safety of schoolchildren while maintaining smooth traffic flow. Orange Traffic therefore designed a variable speed limit sign equipped with dual yellow flashing lights specifically for use in school zones.
Orange Traffic’s variable speed limit sign can display two speeds, i.e., 30 and 50 km/h in urban areas or 50 and 70 km/h in rural areas. High-quality LEDs display the numbers, which are easy to read from a distance of 200 metres and fully invisible when they are not lit.
This sign comes with Orange Traffic’s SPC-22 programmable GPS clock and can be programmed years in advance with schedules that include statutory holidays, weekends, weekdays, vacations and other dates (perpetual calendar).
Furthermore, Orange Traffic can equip this sign with solar panels for autonomous operation as well as with a WiFi transmitter-receiver enabling remote configuration (optional).
- Independently powered and controlled messages. The power modules are compatible with all Orange Traffic LED displays and hot swappable.
- The front panel assembly and main components can be replaced using simply a regular screwdriver, which facilitates upgrading and maintenance operations
- Fully compatible with:
- Standard traffic signal conflict monitors (NEMA and 170)
- Orange Traffic’s SPC-22 programmable clock, allowing for the panel’s autonomous operation according to pre-established schedules
- Earlier versions of Orange Traffic traffic signals (backward compatibility)
- Dry contact for the confirmation or display control alarm of each message and for interlocking two contiguous messages without additional material
- UV-resistant, 4.76 mm (3/16″)-thick front lens to ensure long LED operating life
- Waterproof aluminium enclosure that meets NEMA requirements for type 4 enclosures
- Compliance with Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) requirements applying to LED road signs
- Exterior dimensions: 1,067 x 600 mm (42 x 24″)
- Depth: 203 mm (8″)
- Power supply: 90–135 VAC, 60 Hz
- Maximum power: 30 W; nominal power: 15 W
- Power factor > 90%
- Compliance with NEMA TS2 standard operating temperature criteria (-34 to +74°C [-30 to +165°F])
- Stable LED brightness and chromaticity over the entire power and temperature ranges
Visor for improved visibility of flashing lights in direct sunlight, 300 mm (12″) deep
Get information on our latest innovations, coming events and industry news