OPEN/CLOSED – LED Lane Control Sign
LED signs specially designed for road use. Orange Traffic’s OPEN/CLOSED LED road signs are designed to indicate whether a roadway, for example a weigh station or a stretch of road, is accessible or not.
These signs are the most readable on the market because they are built with high-quality components such as LEDs specially designed for road traffic and a unique constant current modular power system that eliminates flickering.
Orange Traffic’s lane control signs also enable energy cost savings because they consume up to 90% less electricity than conventional fiber optic signs. Furthermore, their components are designed to facilitate installation, maintenance and upgrading and therefore lower operating costs. Finally, it is also possible to reuse the enclosure and wiring and replace only the front panel (LED).
The wiring may be installed in the panel or consolidated with other power supplies in a more accessible area to minimize lane closures during maintenance operations.
Orange Traffic offers an array of standard LED signs and several messages can be combined in a single panel. However, thanks to their modular design, these signs are easily adaptable to your requirements, and Orange Traffic is also able to design special or oversized signs. Feel free to inform us about your specific needs.
- Independently powered and controlled messages. The power modules are compatible with all Orange Traffic LED display panels and can be replaced while powered.
- The front panel assembly as well as the main components can be replaced using simply a regular screwdriver, which facilitates upgrading and maintenance operations.
- Fully compatible with:
- Standard traffic signal conflict monitors (NEMA and 170)
- Orange Traffic’s SPC-22 Satellite Programmable Clock module, allowing for the sign’s autonomous operation according to a determined schedule
- Earlier versions of Orange Traffic lane control signs (reverse compatibility)
- Dry contact for the confirmation or display control alarm of each message and for interlocking two contiguous messages without additional material
- Front lens measuring 4.8 mm (3/16 in.) in thickness and UV resistant for longer LED life
- Sealed aluminum housing that meets NEMA requirements for type 4 enclosures
- Compliance with ITE requirements applying to LED road signs
- Exterior dimensions:
- 510 x 1320 mm (20 x 52 in.) for 300 mm (12 in.) message
- Depth: 200 mm (8 in.)
- Supply voltage: 90-135 V AC/60 Hz
- Maximum power: 30 W; nominal power: 15 W
- Power factor: > 90%
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 20%
- Compliance with operating temperature criteria of the NEMA TS 2 standard (-34 to +74°C [-30 to +165°F])
- LEDs of stable brightness and chromaticity over the entire power and temperature ranges
- Visor measuring 300 mm (12 in.) in depth for improved visibility in direct sunlight
The flashing modes are incorporated and synchronized. Several display options are available:
- Constantly lit
- Flashing every 250 ms
- Flashing every 500 ms
- Flashing every 1 s
- Constantly unlit
- Wig-wag flashing every 250 ms
- Wig-wag flashing every 500 ms
- Wig-wag flashing every 1 s
Extremely flexible dimming modes to meet the needs of various situations (retrofits, new installations, etc.)
- 50% instantaneous or timed fixed dimming using an external photoelectric cell
- Programmable gradual dimming (1,000 increments) using an external photoelectric cell
- Gradual dimming (1,000 increments) according to the brightness of ambient light using a built-in photoelectric cell
- Gradual dimming (1,000 increments) of a set of panels from a master panel controlled by an internal or external photoelectric cell (ensures a uniform brightness of all panels making up the set)
- Permanent fixed dimming (60%)
Get information on our latest innovations, coming events and industry news