EDI LMA-1250 Inductive Loop Vehicle Detector with Dual Relay Outputs
The EDI LMA-1250 inductive loop vehicle detector is a system with a single channel and dual programmable relay outputs that detects the presence of vehicles and automatically monitors loop operations. It controls the loop’s sensitivity and frequency, sets operating parameters and reports loop faults.
It is crucial to view and set the level of sensitivity to ensure that ALL types of vehicles are detected—from motorcycles to large vehicles.
A front panel 7-segment LED display provides the reading of the sensitivity, which can be adjusted using up/down buttons to one of ten levels. Sensitivity can be adjusted whether or not vehicles are passing through the loop.
The frequency is indicated by a 2- or 3-digit number that flashes when the detector is powered up. The LMA[HR1] -1250 offers four frequency levels that are selectable using DIP switches.
The loop fault monitor continually checks the loop’s integrity and reports three types of faults: open loop, shorted loop and sudden change (25%) in inductance. Each type of fault is indicated by a specific flashing sequence of the front panel LOOP FAULT with a code displayed on screen.
Loop faults are stored in an internal non-volatile memory and can be recalled following a voltage drop of 4 seconds or less or a reset.
The LMA-1250 also offers the possibility to adjust the activation time: 2-second delay or 2-, 5- or 10-second extension.
The LMA-1250 is a sturdy device that will operate when connected to poor-quality loops, including those that have a short to ground at a single point. Loop inputs are insulated by means of an internal isolation transformer whereas outputs are insulated by means of the relay.
- Automatic tuning to the loop frequency
- Lightning and surge protection
- Adjustments using front panel push buttons and rear panel DIP switches
- Sensitivity boost feature
- Fail safe and fail secure configurations in case of power interruptions
- Automatic and ongoing compensation for drift and the impacts of weather conditions throughout the tuning and temperature ranges
- Rear-panel 11-pin Molex Amphenol male connector
- Output relay: 250 VAC or 30 VDC, 5 A
- Supply voltage: 10–40 VDC or 14–35 VAC (LV models) or 95–250 VAC (HV models)
- Inductance range: 20–2500 µH
- Operating temperature range: –34 to +74°C (–29 to +165°F)
- Maximum operating relative humidity: 95%
- Maximum length of power cord: 1,500 m (5,000 ft)
- Dimensions: 7.3 cm (long) x 3.49 cm (wide) x 7.78 cm (high) (2.875 x 1.375 x 3.0625″)
- Weight: 285 g (10 oz)
- LMA-1250-LV: 10–40 VDC or 14–35 VAC supply voltage and fail safe operation in the case of a power interruption or loop fault
- LMA-1250S-LV: 10–40 VDC or 14–35 VAC supply voltage and fail secure operation in the case of a power interruption or loop fault
- LMA-1250-HV: 95–250 VAC supply voltage and fail safe operation in the case of a power interruption or loop fault
- LMA-1250S-HV: 95–250 VAC supply voltage and fail secure operation in the case of a power interruption or loop fault
Get information on our latest innovations, coming events and industry news