MTQ – Traffic Light Distribution and Control Cabinet
Orange Traffic sells sturdy 8- or 16-relay distribution and control cabinets for traffic lights that are specially designed to meet the requirements of the MTQ (Ministère des Transports du Québec).
These ergonomic cabinets house all of the necessary components to control traffic at your intersections and provide easy access. Made of stainless steel, they blend in perfectly with your urban furniture.
The cabinet is equipped with a heating and ventilation system that is controlled by a manual thermostat.
The traffic light terminal block is equipped with 5-amp fast-action miniature fuses mounted on a screw-on cap industrial fuse holder.
As with most cabinets manufactured by Orange Traffic, the MTQ traffic light distribution and control cabinet can be mounted on either a pole or a base.
- NEMA 3R cabinet compliant with CAN/CAS C22.2 no. 14 standard
- Conflict monitor
- 8- or 16-relay outputs
- Detection section used to connect induction loops, SmartSensor Matrix sensors or cameras
- Stainless steel
- Material thickness:
- 14 gauge (walls) and 12 gauge (door)
- Electrical protection: compliant with NEMA TS 2 type 1 standard
- Mechanical protection: 3-point Corbin type door lock
All cabinets are delivered with the following accessories:
- Ventilation system
- 80-, 160- or 320-watt heater according to the enclosure’s dimensions
- Choice of LED or incandescent lighting
- Manual control access door (for police officers)
- The entire distribution panel swivels downward for rear access to facilitate maintenance
- Extensive use of printed circuits means fewer cables and increased reliability
- An extended version of each cabinet is available: 30.5 cm (12″) additional vertical space required to install:
- A master control unit
- Additional equipment
Get information on our latest innovations, coming events and industry news